Sunday, April 30, 2017

Closing survey -- April 2017!

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
I guess hour 20 is when I packed it in and headed to bed because I was so sleepy.  I wonder what would have happened if I had tried some more caffeine.....

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a reader engaged for next year?
Timeless: Diego and the Rangers of the Vastlantic was so much fun.  It is heavily illustrated and the final copy -- which comes out in October, just in time for the next read-a-thon -- will be in full color. Shannon Hale's The Actor and the Housewife would be another good one.  And Agatha Christie is always a good bet.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season?
Hmmm....  For myself, I will have to think about the October read-a-thon...  My daughter and my partner's youngest will be with their other parent, which instantly makes it a different kind of read-a-thon.  We'll see if my partner participates in October, or if I have my own little reading retreat!
 
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
Making sure people knew ahead of time that the TV was inaccessible for the duration.

5. How many books did you read?
Three, with a solid start on a fourth.

6. What were the names of the books you read?
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (the heavily illustrated edition)
Timeless: Diego and the Rangers of the Vastlantic by Armand Baltazar 
Real Friends by Shannon Hale and LeUyen Pham
200/451 pages of Jane, Unlimited by Kristin Cashore - out in September!

7. Which book did you enjoy most?
Gosh.  They were all pretty different from each other.  I enjoyed my H.P. re-read, but I'm definitely glad that I read all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment