Friday, April 28, 2017

April 2017 readathon stack & a pledge opportunity for you!


 


Hooray!  So excited for Dewey's Read-a-thon starting tomorrow at 6:00 a.m. MST.  My stack is even more ridiculous than usual because.....  Actually, there's no good reason, it just is.  I've got two that are sort of re-reads (the Harry Potters, though I haven't read the illustrated editions yet), some library books, and some Advance Readers' Copies that aren't yet published.  Graphic novels, chapter books, YA, and adult.  So. Much. Fun.  

In the past, I've asked for pledges.  I've left it a bit late this time, but I think I'm still going to offer the option, just in case anyone is interested.  (Hopefully I'll be more on the ball for October!)

All pledges will go to the International Rescue Committee and can be donated directly.  I think it's a fabulous organization and so important.

Some possible pledge options:

* pledge by minutes or hours read (e.g. a nickel for each minute read)
* pledge by books read (e.g. $10 for each book completed during the challenge)
* pledge by pages read (e.g. a dime for each page read)




No comments:

Post a Comment