Saturday, October 18, 2014

Hour 12 Mid-Event Survey

Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now?

I'm reading To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (page 129/289)  Fiona is reading Dandelion Fire (70/165). (typing that out makes me want to reread Dandelion Wine)

2. How many books have you read so far
I've only finished one, The Monogram Murders -- so great.  Fiona has finished 7.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Rereading TKAM is a comforting experience. When that is over, there are many others in my stacks that I am looking forward to.  But I'm intrigued by Bad Feminist -- a collection of essays by Roxane Gay -- simply because I have no idea what to expect from it.

4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
The main thing for me was when Fiona went outside to read and left the front door open, all the talking from outside was distracting to me. I put in earplugs and that seems to solve it. Fiona seems to consider this survey her biggest interruption. :)  (She was at the big ending of The Monogram Murders, and you know how Poirot likes to wrap things up.)

5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
I've been surprised at how slowly I have started out.  I would have expected to be maybe in my 4th book by now -- or more -- not  my 2nd.  But I sure enjoyed the reading so far, and that's what counts.   Fiona says she is surprised at how hungry she has gotten.  She is now eating a dessert pasty, have no fear.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job! Enjoy the second half of the #readathon!

    --Janel from #TeamHughes

    ReplyDelete