Saturday, October 22, 2016

Hour Zero -- Opening Meme

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Lakewood, Colorado

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Hmmm....  I'm looking forward to several for different reasons.  I'll say I'm looking forward to the experiencing a re-read of the The Sorcerer's Stone,  but with Jim Kay's gorgeous illustrations this time!  It's such a big book that I think the read-a-thon is perfect for it, as it's sort of hard to read in bed cozily.  :)

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
My boyfriend made a black bean salad that I got my first taste of last night.  Yum!  Planning to eat it with crackers or tortilla chips.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I'm a bookseller at a children's bookstore, I have a 12 year old daughter, I've lived in Colorado for 10 years but grew up in Indiana, and I love the read-a-thon!  Somehow I can't keep track of how many I've done.  I think I'm between 5 and 9....

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today?

Last time my daughter was with me, as well as my boyfriend's 14 year old son.  They are both with their other parents today, and my boyfriend's 20 year old will be at work the bulk of the day -- so it may be a much quieter read-a-thon, with only 2 participants!

No comments:

Post a Comment